Please listen to this video at 10:05, where Zakir Naik is telling that 80% of this Quran is matching 100% with science, while the rest 20% is AMBIGUOUS, neither right nor wrong.
And we tell Zakir Naik and Muslims that the 20% ambiguous Quran means that the rest 80% building of Islam is automatically going to collapse.
Please look at the claim of the Quran that its verses are CLEAR, and made EASY to understand.
ولقد يسرنا القرآن للذكر فهل من مدكر
We have made the Quran easy to understand, but is there anyone who would pay attention?
And then this same verse has been repeated multiple times in the Quran (Verses 53:22, 53:32, 53:40)
And then the Quran claims that its verses are CLEAR.
تِلْكَ آيَاتُ الْقُرْآنِ وَكِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ
These are the verse of the Koran and a Clear/Manifest Book.
And then the Quran claims that it was revealed in Arabic language, so then people can understand it.
إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
We have revealed it in the Arabic language so that you would understand it.
So, what is the benefit of revealing it in the Arabic language, when 20% is still ambiguous for Arabic speakers?
Therefore, as soon as Muslims will claim that 20% of the Quran is ambiguous, then the Quran will automatically become a liar.
Moreover, Zakir Naik's claim that 80% of the Quran matches 100% of science, is also wrong.
There was nothing scientific in the Quran, which was not known by the people of that time. Ancient Roman and Greek scientists told many things about science before Islam. And that scientific stories also reached Syria and other Arab areas through traders.
And Muhammad only copied those old scientific stories in the Quran. Therefore, there is not a single scientific miracle present in the Quran which was not known to the people of that time.
In fact, there were many things in those scientific stories, which were wrong. And Muhammad also copied those wrong scientific things in the Quran too.
Muslim apologists come up with an excuse that Muhammad was illiterate, and thus he was not able to read and copy those scientific stories. But this excuse has no weight, while Muhammad was not DEAF. He was indeed able to HEAR those scientific stories, and then tell them to others to write them down in the Quran. Arab people of that era had extraordinary memory, and they were able to memorize large poems word by word, although most of them were totally illiterate.
An excuse by Muslim apologist:
A Muslim apologist came up with this excuse:
Ex-Muslims are taking wrong meaning out of that 20% claim. It only meant that modern science is still limited, and thus it is not able to understand the rest 20% of science that is present in the Quran.
And we tell them that it is not the case. Science has already reached that level where it completely refutes all the so-called Quranic miracles.
- The Quran claims that humans are born from gushing water (i.e. sperm), which comes from between the backbone and the ribs.
- But science is already in a position to completely refute this Quranic claim.
- And it tells that the gushing water (i.e. the sperms) doesn't come out between the backbone and the ribs, but they are produced and come out of the testicles (link).
Therefore, modern Islam apologists don't claim that modern science is wrong about testicles. But they come up with excuses that the Quranic verse didn't mean that, but it meant that and that and that (i.e. several meanings).
But when they come up with several new (and again mutually contradictory) meanings of the Quranic verse, then it proves only that the verses of the Quran are neither clear nor easy to understand.