- Just like Palestinians, the Armenian people were living for thousands of years in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- And Britain was not the only COLONIAL Power, but Iran and Turkey and Russia were also the Colonial Powers, who captured Nagorno-Karabakh, and by force made it a part of Azerbaijan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh
- Although Armenian people of Nagorno-Karabakh were doing an armed protest and struggel against it, and they never accepted to be a part of Azerbaijan.
- And when in 1945, UNO was formed, then it was weak, and it was not possible for UNO to settle all disputes totally with JUSTICE.
- As a result, stronger powers indeed got hold of some areas unjustly.
Now the Western people accepted the creation of Israel, in the light of the resolutions of UNO. In the same way, they also accepted the Christian Nagorno-Karabakh as a part of Azerbaijan, in the light of the same UNO resolutions.
The problem here is about the religious Muslims and their Hypocrisy.
What did religious Muslims do?
Religious Muslims happily accepted Christian Nagorno-Karabakh to be a part of Muslim Azerbaijan.
- But they denied accepting the creation of Israel, despite the UN resolutions.
- And the peak of hypocrisy and double standards of religious Muslims is when all Arab States (including PALESTINIANS) accepted Nagorno-Karabakh as a part of Azerbaijan ... Yes, Palestinians too (link).
- All religious Muslims today support the unjust occupation of Azerbaijan, upon the Armenian lands.
- They also support the demographic shift of population by Azerbaijan during its occupation of the Armenian lands.
But when the same thing is done by Israelis to Muslims in Palestine, then these same religious Muslims protest against it.
Even WORSE, religious Muslims support Turkey in occupying Western Armenia, after doing GENOCIDE of the Armenian people in 1915
- Israel never did any genocide of Palestinian people on such a scale as Turkey did.
- And it also didn't take the whole of Palestine by force, as Turkey did.
- But it was Turkey which did the genocide of the Armenian people in 1915 and captured the whole of Western Armenia, which is still under Turkey's occupation today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide
- And all religious Muslims are fully satisfied with this genocide of Armenians and the occupation of their lands, and they have no problem with it.
This is what religious Muslims will do to you every time. Their hypocrisy becomes limitless due to their religious bias. They care only for their own interests.
Atheist's stance on the Israel-Palestinian Issue:
Atheists are not a religious group, who can have the same opinion on any issue. Nevertheless, some things which are most common among Secular Atheists, are as under:
- Both religious Muslims and religious Jews are a part of the problem.
- Zionists rejected the Uganda Scheme, which was there to provide “safety” to Jews.
- Zionists chose Palestine, instead of Uganda Scheme. This was not for safety purposes, but it was due to Religious factors.
- As atheists, it is difficult to accept the formation of any state, solely on the basis of religion.
- This same religious factor is involved in illegal settlements.
- These same religious Jews also claim that they have the right not only to illegal settlements but to the whole “Greater Israel” area, while this whole land was given to them by their GOD. Thus, they have a birthright upon it.
- We, as atheists, don't accept that there exists any Jewish GOD, and we don't accept that Jews have any Birth Right upon the entire “Greater Israel”.
Many of us consider that:
- The creation of Israel was not ideal, but since it has been created through UN resolution, thus it has now a full right to exist.
- Israel was not the only problem, but many other lands and areas also had similar problems.
- This world is not an ideal place. Colonial rule was ending at that time, and UNO was in its infancy. It was not possible for a weak UN at that time to bring justice to everyone. A lot of compromises (right and wrong) were made at that time.
What many of us want to see is:
- Both the religions of Islam and Judaism should lose their influence in the political life of the people of this land.
- All of them should learn how to integrate into one secular society.
- Marriages should be open between them, while both are humans first.
Without true secularism, if we let both religious factions become stronger, then we will see only war and destruction in the future.
This is the curse of religions:
- The religious communities lived for thousands of years side by side, but still they didn't integrate with each other.
- In every century, they went to war, and they massacred each other in the name of religion.
- If the secular forces fail in breaking the influence of religion on both sides, then both these two communities will keep on fighting each other for the next thousands of years. It is possible that the stronger one will completely massacre/genocide the other one, but it is not possible for them to integrate even after living for thousands of years side by side.
For the sake of humanity, it is important that SECULARISM prevails in both communities, and that the radical religious elements get defeated.
Here is Christopher Hitchens on the Palestinian-Israel conflict. We can learn a lot from this great freethinker:
Moreover, many of us also believe that:
- An independent Palestinian State should not be supported in its present FORM.
- Atheists have absolutely no Civil Rights in Palestine, while it still follows Islamic Sharia.
- They are put in prison and tortured if they criticize Islam. Draconian Blasphemy laws are still present there.
- They are not allowed to have their own institutions, where they can openly preach their ideology.
- Atheists and Muslims cannot marry each other. Specially, Muslim women are not allowed to marry men of other religions.
- Hamas in Gaza has even more Draconian Islamic Laws.
Why should we support the State of Palestine:
- When it does not provide us with EQUAL Human Rights?
- When it discriminates against us?
- When it puts us in prison in the name of respect for Islam and blasphemy?
Religious Muslims are good only for crying "Islamophobia" in Western countries but never look at their own Muslim States, where they discriminate against non-Muslims thousands of times more than the Western countries.
Really, these religious Muslims are suffering from the severe disease of KAFIROPHOBIA, and they must reform themselves first before demanding rights from others.