- Muhammad and his companions had no occupation in Medina. Their main source of income was to attack the non-believers in greed of getting spoils of wars.
- They looted each and everything of the non-believers and took their women and small children as slaves for the whole of their lives (although those women and small children were absolutely innocent, and they had no share in wars). Even the coming generations of slaves were automatically born as slaves due to the evil of "Slavery by Birth" in Islam.
- But Muhammad wanted to get an even bigger share for himself in the war booty, in order to enrich himself and his close relatives. For that purpose, clever Muhammad used REVELATIONS multiple times.
Please read and decide for yourself, if really any Divine Revelation was coming to Muhammad, or if he was making the revelations on his own for his personal interests.
al-Anfal: Muhammad tried to put ALL the war booty in his pocket, leaving nothing for Sahaba
- Muslims used to attack the trade caravans in order to get the war booty.
- Those spoils were initially equally distributed among the participants.
- The looting of trade caravans resulted in the battle of Badr (2 Hijri Year).
- Muslims defeated the Meccans and got a lot of goods as war booty in the battle of Badr.
- But this time, Muhammad didn't want to share the war booty with the participants. Thus, he claimed the revelation of new verse 8:1. In that verse, he claimed that ALL spoils of war belong ONLY to Allah and his Prophet (i.e. to Muhammad), which means that the participants of the war (i.e. companions) had no share in it.
- And in order to deny share for other participants of the war, Muhammad made this excuse that the participants had no effective role in the war, but it was Allah who sent 1000 angels, who fought and defeated Kuffar. Thus, the whole spoils of that battle of Badr belonged only to Allah and his Messenger (i.e. practically only to Muhammad).
Here is the verse where Muhammad is claiming upon ALL the spoils of the war:
يَسْـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلْأَنفَالِ ۖ قُلِ ٱلْأَنفَالُ لِلَّهِ وَٱلرَّسُولِ
They ask you (Mohammed) concerning the war booty; say, “Allah and the Messenger are the owners of the war booty.
Then Muhammad told the participants of the war that they had no effective role in the victory of the war. And it was 100 angels who fought and defeated the Kuffar. Thus, the war booty belongs only to Allah and his messenger (i.e. Muhammad alone had right upon all the war booty), and they (i.e. Sahaba) had no share in it.
(Remember) when you sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying): "Indeed, I am going to help you with a thousand of the Angels, following one another."
Maulana Maududi wrote under the commentary of this Surah al-Anfal, footnote 11 (link):
11. Allah is telling the events one by one which happened on the day of Badr, so that they (i.e. Muslims) would understand the significance of the word al-anfal (i.e. spoils of war). In the opening verse of this surah, the Muslims were told why they were thinking to be the owner of the spoils of war as their own hard work and efforts? No, but it was only a bonus, and the owner of bonus is Allah himself. The Muslims could see themselves how much share did their efforts has in that victory and what was the share of Allah in that victory (i.e. sending of 1000 angels to fight and defeat the Kuffar)
And verse 8:12 is strange, as it claims that after sending 1000 angels for fighting, still Allah thought it was not enough, and He HIMSELF too got involved in the battle too by directly casting Terror in the hearts of the Kuffar.
And recall when your Lord inspired the angels: 'I am certainly with you (i.e. the angels). So make firm the feet of those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. So strike at their necks and strike at every pore and tip.
Please ponder upon it, if your logic can ever accept this:
- Why it was needed that Allah inspires the angels, and tell them that Allah was with them (i.e. the angels)? Perhaps Muhammad forgot that angels are innocent creatures in the Islamic story that he created, and they don't need insurance from Allah as Humans need.
- And why were 1000 angels not enough to fight and defeat the Kuffar (who were also only 1000 in number)? Why Allah had to get DIRECTLY involved in the war, and had to cast Terror DIRECTLY into the heart of disbelievers?
After pondering upon it, you will come to the conclusion that this revelation could never be from any Divine and Perfect Allah in the heavens. But this revelation is from a human being, who is committing Human ERRORS in this revelation, in the greed of spoils of war.
Muhammad used the disease of “Superstition” among his companions (who were the product of the time of ignorance). Otherwise, how is it possible that his companions believed in those fairy stories of Muhammad with open eyes that 1000 angels were practically fighting Kuffar along with them, and still they were not enough to defeat Kuffar.
Abu Zumail said that the hadith was narrated to him by Ibn `Abbas who said: While on that day a Muslim was chasing a disbeliever who was going ahead of him, he heard over him the swishing of the whip and the voice of the rider saying: Go ahead, Haizum! He glanced at the polytheist who had (now) fallen down on his back. When he looked at him (carefully he found that) there was a scar on his nose and his face was torn as if it had been lashed with a whip, and had turned green with its poison. An Ansari came to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and related this (event) to him. He said: You have told the truth. This was the help from the third heaven (i.e. the angels who came from the third heaven were lashing the Kuffar with whip and kuffer were being killed due to the poison of whips).
The Prophet (ﷺ) said on the day (of the battle) of Badr, "This is Gabriel holding the head of his horse and equipped with arms for the battle.
But do you know that the Kuffar were still able to kill 14 Muslims in the Battle of Badr?
Muslims should ponder upon it:
- There were only 1000 Kuffar present there, while on the other side, there were 313 Muslims + 1000 Angels + Allah Himself casting terror in the hearts of Kuffar.
- How can you accept such an entity to be a God, who promised to cast TERROR in the heart of Kuffar, and then also sent 1000 angels to participate in it, but still 14 Muslims got killed in the battle?
- Earlier, Muhammad tried to put all the spoils of war in his pocket in the battle of Badr. He used verse 8:01 (Surah al-Anfal) for this purpose.
- But later he failed in doing it despite the help of revelation. It was due to the reason that on the day of Badr, Muhammad had already promised his companions that they will get such and such share from war booty for killing a Kafir, and such and such share for capturing a Kafir.
- Thus, Muhammad was compelled to give up his previous idea of taking all the war booty of Badr.
- But he changed his tactics, and claimed 1/5th part of the war booty of the battle of Badr, in the name of Khums. He again used revelation for this purpose. This time it was verse 41 of the same Surah al-Anfal (Qruan 8:41).
Look at this Hadith, where Muhammad was telling his companions that they will get a such and such share in the war booty, before the start of the war:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said on the day of Badr: He who kills a man will get such-and-such, and he who captivates a man will get such-and-such.
Thus, a huge contradiction occurred when later Muhammad tried to get all the war booty alone, depriving Sahaba of all their shares. Nevertheless, he had to change it to 1/5th part of the war booty later. Muhammad claimed the revelation of the following verse of Khums in the same Surah al-Anfal.
And know that anything you obtain of war booty - then indeed, for Allah is one fifth of it and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and the orphans, the needy, and the [stranded] traveller.
Practically, this 1/5th went into the hands of Muhammad. He kept a big part of it for himself, in the name of shares of Allah and his Messenger. Then he gave one part to his near relatives.
And the part of needy/orphans/travellers also went to Muhammad, and he decided to give to anyone of them according to his own wishes.
And give the relatives their rights, and to the needy, and to the traveller; and do not waste needlessly.
So, the whole of that 1/5th of Khums went practically into the hands of Muhammad, and it was his own decision to give others some part from it or not (in the name of wasting needlessly).
Muhammad got a big share of the spoils of every war in the name of Khums, which he used for his personal enrichment. For example, he got at least 7 slaves in the single war booty of Khaybar, which he used to trade for a single beautiful woman Saffiyah. (Note: It may be that Muhammad got an even bigger share than 7 slaves in the war)
Sunan Abu Dawud, 2997 and Sahih Muslim, 1365e:
Anas said “A beautiful (captive) slave girl (i.e. Safiyyah) fell to Dihyah (a companion of Muhammad)”. The Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) purchased her for seven slaves. He then gave her to Umm Sulaim for decorating her and preparing her for marriage.
Why relatives of Muhammad got an extra share from war booty in the name of Khums, even if they were not needy?
And a very important question is, why the relatives of Muhammad got an extra share from the war booty?
For example, Ali raped a minor slave girl on the same night when she was made captive after the war and gave it the name of Khums.
I hated Ali as I had never hated anyone. ... The Prophet sent to us Ali, and among the female captives was a slave girl who was the finest of the female captives, and he apportioned the Khums (one-fifth of war booty given to the Prophet and his family). Ali divided the shares, and his head was dripping (after taking a ritual bath following sexual intercourse with the slave-girl). We said: "O Abu al-Hasan (i.e. Ali), what is this?!" Ali replied: "Did you not see the slave-girl who was among the female captives? I divided the shares and apportioned Khumus. Then she became part of the Khumus. Then she became part of the household of the Prophet, and then she became part of the house of Ali, and (thus) I had sexual intercourse with her." ...
Grading: Classed Sahih by al-Arna'ut
At the maximum, Muslim apologists came up with this excuse that Muhammad's relatives were getting an extra part from the spoils of war, while SADAQA (i.e. charity) was forbidden for them. But the issue is, charity is only for poor and needy people, while Muhammad's relatives were not poor and needy. Getting a slave girl in name of Khums and raping her is contrary to being needy and poor. Thus, the simple answer is that Muhammad wanted to enrich himself and his family in the name of Khums.
Al-Fay فيء : Muhammad finally succeeded in putting the entire war booty in his pocket
In Medina, Muhammad came with the Muslim army to attack the Jewish tribe of Banu Nadhir. But instead of fighting, they peacefully accepted the condition to be expelled from Medina.
Companions of Muhammad were again dreaming of a big share in War Booty, but Muhammad had another plan.
This time, Muhammad claimed the revelation of the following verses:
And from them (i.e. Banu Nadhir), the booty which Allah gave to His Noble Messenger – so you had not charged your horses or camels against them, but it is Allah Who gives whomever He wills within the control of His Noble Messengers; and Allah is Able to do all things. The booty which Allah gave to His Noble Messenger from the people of the townships (i.e. Banu Nadhir), is for Allah and His Noble Messenger, and for the relatives, and the orphans, and the needy and the travellers – so that it does not concentrate in the hands of those who are rich among you; and accept whatever the Noble Messenger gives you; and refrain from whatever he forbids you
Thus, this time clever Muhammad didn't take only 1/5th of the spoils of war, but he took the whole war booty in his control.
The journey that Muhammad started with the verse of al-Anfaal (Quran 8:1), it was completed with the verse of al-Fay (Quran 59:6-7), and Muhammad indeed succeeded in getting control of the entire war booty.
Remember, although the fighting didn't take place, but the companions indeed went to war on their horses and on their feet. And it was due to this act of the companions that Banu Nadhir accepted the defeat and accepted the condition to get exiled. Nevertheless, the companions of Muhammad got nothing for it, and Muhammad deprived them of their share in the war booty.
And this excuse by Allah/Muhammad is also only deception that war booty was not distributed among the participants of the war, while Allah didn't want the wealth to circulate among the rich among the companions, while:
- The money was concentrated in the hands of only rich Jihadists in each and every war, irrespective of if they got the victory by fighting or got victory without fighting.
- Why then the writer of the Quran limited this condition of concentration of wealth only to the wars where they got victory without fighting?
- Surely this is not going to solve the problem of concentration of wealth, as we will see later here.
- The writer of the Quran didn't put the condition of concentration of wealth on Muhammad's pocket and of his relatives, by depriving them of the 1/5th of Khums in such wars where fighting didn't take place.
- Muhammad and his relatives kept on taking huge shares of the spoils of wars (even in the cases of Al-Fay فيء).
- Remember, alone the wealth of Khums (i.e. 1/5th share of the war booty) was so huge that Muhammad was able to get at least 7 slaves during one war of Khaybar. While al-Fay was the whole of war booty.
Muhammad handed over one garden of FADAK from al-Fay to his daughter, Fatima. And the value of that garden alone was 50,000 Dirhams. During the reign of Umar, it was Ali who took control of Fadak. And Ali was rich enough to support his 9 wives and several concubines and 17 children easily.
Now you can better understand the deception of non-concentration of wealth in the name of Al-Fay فيء.
Muhammad made money through RUQYAH (Spells of Quranic Verses)
Sahaba used Ruqyah to enrich themselves, but Muhammad also used the same excuse in order to take money out of Sahaba's pocket.
Narrated Abu Sa`id:
Some of the companions of the Prophet (ﷺ) went on a journey till they reached some of the 'Arab tribes (at night). They asked the latter to treat them as their guests but they refused. The chief of that tribe was then bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion) and they tried their best to cure him but in vain. Some of them said (to the others), "Nothing has benefited him, will you go to the people who resided here at night, it may be that some of them might possess something (as treatment)," They went to the group of the companions (of the Prophet (ﷺ) ) and said, "Our chief has been bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion) and we have tried everything but he has not benefited. Have you got anything (useful)?" One of them replied, "Yes, by Allah! I can recite a Ruqya, but as you have refused to accept us as your guests, I will not recite the Ruqya for you unless you fix for us some wages for it." They agrees to pay them a flock of sheep. One of them then went and recited (Surat-ul-Fatiha): 'All the praises are for the Lord of the Worlds' and puffed over the chief who became all right as if he was released from a chain, and got up and started walking, showing no signs of sickness. They paid them what they agreed to pay. Some of them (i.e. the companions) then suggested to divide their earnings among themselves, but the one who performed the recitation said, "Do not divide them till we go to the Prophet (ﷺ) and narrate the whole story to him, and wait for his order." So, they went to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and narrated the story. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) asked, "How did you come to know that Suratul- Fatiha was recited as Ruqya?" Then he added, "You have done the right thing. Divide (what you have earned) and assign a share for me as well." The Prophet (ﷺ) smiled thereupon.
- The companions looted other simple people in the name of Ruqya.
- But Muhammad found a way to take money out of the pockets of his companions and assigned a share for himself in that money.
- Even today, thousands of Mullahs are looting simple Muslims in the name of the Sunnah of Muhammad (i.e.Ruqya and Evil Eye etc.)
And that 'smile' of Muhammad is disturbing. It reminds us of another 'smile' of Muhammad, when Sahla (a young woman) hesitated to breastfeed a male adult, despite Muhammad's instructions. Upon that, Muhammad smiled too.
' A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Sahla bint Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be eupon him) and said: Messengerof Allah, I see on the face of Abu Hudhaifa (signs of disgust) on entering of Salim (who is an ally) into (our house), whereupon Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) said: Suckle him. She said: How can I suckle him as he is a grown-up man? Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) smiled and said: I already know that he is a young man 'Amr has made this addition in his narration that he participated in the Battle of Badr and in the narration of Ibn 'Umar (the words are): Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) laughed.