This video makes everything clear about 'Aisha's age at time of marriage:
Aisha's own testimony that her age was 9 at time of consummation of marriage
Aisha gave this testimony many times herself. And about a dozen of her students recorded this statement from her directly.
- 'Urwa bin Zubair (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
- Aswad bn Yazid (Sahih Muslim)
- Abdullah Ibn Saffwan (Mustadrak al-Hakim)
- Abdullah ibn Abi Mulaikah (Sunan Nisai)
- Abu Salama bn Abdul Rehman (Sunan Nisai)
- Qasim bin Muhammad (Tibrani)
- Abdul Malik bin 'Umair (Tibrani)
- Abdul Rehman bin Muhammad bin Zayd (Tibrani)
- Yahya bin Abdul Rehman bin Hatib (Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal)
- 'Umra bint Abdul Rehman (Ibn Saad)
- Abu 'Ubaida (Sunan Nisai)
And then there are other Sahaba (companions) and Tabaeen too who testified of her age to be 9 at time of marriage (but they didn't narrate it directly from 'Aisha). For example:
- Abu 'Ubaida from Abdullah Ibn Masood (Sunan Ibn Majah)
- Abu Ishaaq from Mua'sab bin Saad (al-Tabqaat)
- Yazid bin Jabir from his father (al-Mustadrak)
- Abu 'Ubaidah from Jabir bin Zayd (Musnad al-Rabi'i)
- Habib, the slave of 'Urwa (Mustadrak al-Hakim)
- Jaffar bin Burqan from Zuhri (al-Tabaqaat)
- Saeed bin Abi 'Aroba from Qatada (Tabrani)
Following are the direct links to the 17 Authentic Hadiths that say she was 9 at consummation and 4 hadiths say 18 when Muhammed died.
- Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith 1877: 7,9,18 (It means 'Aisha was 7 years old at time of Nikah, consummation at age of 9, and 18 years when Muhammad died)
- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1422c: 7,9,18
- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1422d: 6,9,18
- Sunan Nasai, Hadith 3258: 9,18
- Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith1876: 6,9
- Sunan Abu Dawud, Hadith 2121: 7/6 ,9
- Sunan Nasai, Hadith 3256: 7,9
- Sunan Nasai, Hadith 3378: 6,9
- Sunan Nasai, Hadith 3257: 9, 9y
- Sunan Nasai Hadith 3255: 6,9
- Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 5134: 6,9,9y
- Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 3894: 6,9
- Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 5133: 6,9,9y
- Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 5158: 6,9,9y
- Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 3896: 6,9
- 16- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1422a: 6,9
- 17- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1422b: 6,9
Position of Salafi Ulama:
If you try to dispute 6/9 make sure that you check the main Salafi sites to see if they have refuted the claims: Yes, they have.
It refutes all claims.
(2) https://islamqa.info/en/answers/124483/age-of-the-mother-of-the-believers-aaishah-may-allah-be-pleased-with-her-when-the-prophet-blessings-and-peace-of-allah-be-upon-him-married-her Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid (https://twitter.com/almonajjid with 3.6 million followers)
Shaykh al-Munajjid destroys all claims Aisha was older then 9 at consummation.
Firmly establishes Aisha’s age at Bukhari 6/9.
Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid refutes claims Aisha was 18.
Which classical scholars disputed 6/7 at betrothal/marriage and 9 at consummation?
There is a consensus of scholars of all the Islamic fields that the Prophet (saw) married Aisha (ra) at the age of six or seven and consummated the marriage at the age of nine. She was not a child, rather she was old and mature enough to carry the responsibility of marriage like her peers in her contemporary time."
What was the Shia opinion on the matter?
The classical books of Shi'a cited narrations, similar to Sunni classical scholarship, that argue A'isha (ra) married the Prophet (saw) when she was seven and the marriage was consummated at the age of nine. Contemporary Shi'ite scholarship has changed position in response to orientalist critique.
What are the arguments Aisha was older?
There are a number of arguments claiming A'isha's age was higher than traditionally agreed upon based on mathematical approaches. These are based on comparing dates of events to try concluding her age. However, the arguments are at best arbitrary and spurious, relying on weak or fabricated evidences, failing to recognise multiple rigorously authentic narrations, especially A'isha's own testimony of her marriage when she was nine years old."
New Muslim approach: Don't hide 'Aisha's age, but come up with other excuses
These modern Muslims say that they don't apologize for the truth and don't distort the truth about 'Aisha's age at time of marriage (i.e. she was a child of 6 years old). The say: "We don't lie for the sake of our religion and stuff for Allah we have the truth we're not going to cover up the truth that people find it embarrassing this is the reality deal with it our prophet SAW and married a young girl and it was fine for the time."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HzAjXIb5xA 40 minutes. Destroys: Fatima argument, Battle attendance argument, etc. etc. and shows born in 6th year of Dawah fits everything.
3 objections to re-aging Aisha because it raises problems
The point is very simple: i
If she had been 18 at marriage she would have reported many more incidents from Makkah as an eyewitness. But she didn’t..
Also: She would have remembered Khadija. But she does not.
Also: it fits her playing with dolls
Ghamdi's excuse that prophet could not have married a child 'Aisha while he wanted someone to look after his household.
Ghamidi also denies the age of 'Aisha to be 9 at time of consummation of marriage. His argument is this that the prophet wanted to have a grown-up mature wife to look after his house affairs and his little daughters. Therefore, at age of Nikha, 'Aisha's age was 16 years, and at time of consummation of marriage, she was 19 years old.
This is a lame excuse by Ghamidi, while:
* If we accept that age of 'Aisha to be 16 at time of Nikah, then a 16 years old girl could easily look after the children and household. Why then did the prophet have to wait 3 more years (till she became 19) to bring her to his home? If he really needed a woman for household, then he should have immediately brought her to his home.
* Therefore, prophet should have brought both Sawda and 'Aisha to his home to look after he household. Why then wait 3 more years?
And prophet did Nikah with 'Aisha even before Sawdah. And if 'Aisha was really 16 years old, then he didn't need to marry an old woman Sawdah any more while 16 years old 'Aisha would have been enough to look after his daughters and the household.
Actually, 'Aisha was lucky to get married at age of 9. While Islamic Shariah even allows the father/guardian to marry the breastfeeding baby girl too, and husband is allowed to undress her, kiss her naked body, rub his penis in her thighs and ejaculate. Please read the following articles for proof.