A list of some Misogynist teachings of Islam:
- Women are deficient in intellect. Link.
- Women's testimony is worth half in financial matters, while it is ZERO in serious cases of Hudud (i.e. Killing, Robbery, Rape, Stealing). Link.
- Women inherit half, or often far less. Link.
- The reward of freeing a female slave is only half the reward of freeing a male slave. Link.
- Muhammad commanded to sacrifice two sheep for a boy's 'Aqiqah but only one sheep for a girl. Link.
- Blaming Eve for wives betraying their husbands. Link.
- Husbands can unilaterally marry more women. Link.
- Girls Urine is worse than boys. Link.
- Women can't lead prayers. Link.
- Women can't travel alone. Link.
- Women aren't fit to be leaders. Link.
- Women "come in the shape of the devil". Link.
- An omen is in a dwelling, a woman or a horse. Link.
- Women are crooked and cannot be straightened, as they were created from the crooked ribs of men. Link.
- Wives are like captive women. Link. (Or Marriage is like slavery for women. Link)
- Women are the majority inhabitants of hell. Link.
- Women can't marry Christian men but men can. Link.
- Menstruation makes a woman physically and spiritually impure that she can neither enter a mosque (due to physical impurity) nor pray (due to spiritual impurity). Link.
- You can slap and brutally beat your wife even with bruises in every matter to discipline her, but she cannot take a divorce for this reason. Link.
- Women are ungrateful to their husbands. Link.
- Women who use perfume are adulterous. Link.
- An infertile woman has no worth, should not be married, and should be divorced, while a woman cannot seek divorce from her infertile Muslim husband [Double Standards of Islam]. Link.
- Muslim men will get 72 female Houris in paradise for enjoyment, but Muslim women get no male Houris to enjoy their company. Link.
- Islam and the Disease of Virginophilia (i.e. only women have to be virgins, but there is no problem if men are virgins or not). Link.
- Islam allows that even a Breastfed Baby Girl can be married and used for sexual pleasure. Link. ['Aisha was a little lucky girl that she was handed over to her husband at the age of 9 years, and not as a baby]
- Khul' (خلع): Only men have the right to divorce. If a woman wants to have a divorce, then she has to offer RANSOM money to her husband. If he accepts the offer and divorces her, then she gets her freedom. But if the husband rejects the offer, then no Islamic court can compel him to divorce her and she will not get her freedom. She is compelled to stay with her husband, even if he is abusive, or even if she dislikes him. Link.
- If a divorced woman remarries, then she will lose CUSTODY of all of her Children. The reason is that Islam considers she cannot provide sexual services to her 2nd husband properly in the presence of children from her first husband. Unbelievable. Link.
- Halala (Tahleel Marriage): Even if the husband is at fault for giving the divorce, but still only the poor woman has to suffer and get raped by another man before going back to her first husband (Many women have to agree to go through this sexual abuse while it is their only chance to stay with their children from their first husbands). The Origin lies directly in pre-Islamic Arab culture who also practised Halala and Muhammad took it from them. Link.
- ‘Iddah (waiting period): Only women have to suffer the hardships of 'Iddah. For example, only a wife has to mourn the death of her husband for 4 months and 10 days and cannot marry, while a husband is not required to mourn a single day if the wife dies, and he can enjoy other wives and dozens of slave women the same night. The origin lies directly in pre-Islamic Arab culture and Muhammad copied it from them. Link.
- Ila (الإيلاء): In Talaq, a woman gets her freedom and can marry another man. But in Ila (الإيلاء), a man abstains from having any sexual relationship with her wife (as a punishment) for 4 months. Then he can have sex with her, and then again leave her alone for the next 4 months. Ila was essentially a tool wielded by husbands to punish and to manipulate their wives into complying with their demands. Women were treated as mere possessions. The origin lies directly in pre-Islamic Arab culture and Muhammad copied it from them. Link.
- Zihar: If a Muslim man, in a fit of anger or unintentionally, compares his wife to his mother or her back to his mother's back, it becomes necessary to separate her, akin to a divorce. Only women suffered badly from it. The origin lies directly in pre-Islamic Arab culture. Muhammad made it a part of Islamic Sharia too and this useless practice is part of Sharia even today. Link.
- The process of 3 Talaqs: The process of 3 Talaqs is again there to punish a woman in the name of reconciliation. Only a woman suffers under it where she is forced to stay in the husband's house as a captive for about 3 months. He is allowed to have sex with other wives and dozens of slave girls, but the poor woman is forced to have no sex and love during this period of 3 Talaqs. The origin lies directly in pre-Islamic Arab culture and Muhammad copied it from there. Link.
- Rape of Slave Women in Temporary Sexual Relationships: Raping slave women is an evil. But Islamic evil goes beyond this where it allows raping them in "Temporary Sexual Relationships". When a Muslim owner had fulfilled his lust by raping slave girls and got bored of them, he simply sold them in the Islamic Bazaars of Slavery and bought for himself dozens of new slave girls. It was not done out of any 'necessity', but only for the 'sexual pleasure' of Muslim men. Remember, the bible (i.e. Jews and Christians) doesn't allow any "Temporary Sexual Relationship" with slave girls. Muhammad rejected the law of Moses (i.e. the Bible) and copied it only from his pre-Islamic Arab culture. Link. Muhammad also allowed two Muslim owners to swap their slave girls and rape them. Muhammad also allowed a Muslim owner, if he got lust for the slave wife of his male slave, then he could separate them, and take her for himself. And after fulfilling his lust, he returned her to her husband (i.e. his male slave).
- Raping Captive Women & Virgin girls and even Minor girls the same night: Muhammad allowed his Jihadist companions to draw sexual pleasures from captive women, and to rape virgin girls and even minor girls the same night, although the Jihadists had killed their fathers, brothers, husbands and sons during the daytime. Remember, the Bible prohibited this practice and ordered to give captive women 1 month to mourn the killing of their family members. Muhammad once again rejected the Sharia of Moses and took this practice directly from his pre-Islamic Arab culture. Link.
- Separating babies from the slave mothers and selling in the Bazaars of Slavery: Muhammad allowed Muslim owners to separate babies (when they get their first 2 molar teeth at the age of about 6 months) to be separated from their slave mothers, and to be sold in Islamic Bazaars of Slavery. Rich men bought those baby girls from Bazaars and used them for sexual pleasers. Link.
- Hijab: It was an old Arab Culture that only women of high-status families had the right and honour of wearing the Hijab, but slave women and prostitutes didn't. Muhammad also took this practice from his old Arab culture, where he prohibited slave women from wearing the Hijab and even kept their breasts NAKED in public (as he again took this practice from his Arab culture). Umar Ibn Khattab used to beat slave women with a stick and removed their Hijab by telling them not to try to resemble Free Muslim women by wearing the Hijab. Link.
- Islamic Nikah: A man buys the rights of a woman in the name of Haq Mahr (dowry). A man takes SEXUAL Pleasure (تمتع) from her, and reserves her vagina solely for himself, While the husband is free to marry other women and to have sexual relationships with dozens of slave women. Mahr is the payment of those sexual services, which she is obliged to provide to her husband on DEMAND. She is forced not to go out of home without her husband's permission, she is not allowed to raise her voice, and her husband is allowed to beat her in every matter in the name of disciplining her. The origin lies directly in pre-Islamic Arab culture and Muhammad copied it from there. Link.
- Liaan (Accusation of Adultery): A Husband Can Accuse His Wife of Adultery Without Any 4 Witnesses, but if a Wife Accuses Her Husband of Adultery (or Rape) and She Does Not Produce 4 Eyewitnesses, Then She Will Be Lashed 80 Times. It was not even a part of misogynist Arab culture, but this ruling was an additional NEW invention by Muhammad. Link.
- Foster father marrying his adopted minor daughter: If a man gets a LUST for his minor adopted daughter due to her beauty or wealth, then Islam allows the foster father to forcefully marry her. It started when Muhammad denied any bond between foster parents and adopted children when he married the wife of his adopted son Zayd. This opened the gate for Muslim men to marry their adopted daughters too according to Sharia. It was not even a part of misogynist Arab culture, but this ruling was an additional NEW invention by Muhammad. Link.
The ORIGINS of Islamic MISOGYNY:
Islamic misogyny finds its roots in the historical context of ancient Arab culture, particularly within the Meccan Tribe of Muhammad.
To gain insight into the prevalence of misogyny in Arab culture, let us explore the perspective of Umar Ibn Khattab.
Sahih Bukhari, 2468:
.... (Umar said): We, the people of Quraish, used to have authority over women, but when we came to live with the Ansar, we noticed that the Ansari women had the upper hand over their men, so our (Meccan) women started acquiring the habits of the Ansari women. Once I shouted at my wife and she paid me back in my coin and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said, 'Why do you take it ill that I retort upon you? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet (ﷺ) retort upon him, and some of them may not speak with him for the whole day till night.' What she said scared me ...
Please note that misogyny was not confined to Mecca but was also prevalent in Medina. Ansar women faced challenges due to the influence of misogynistic elements in ancient Arab culture. In Medina, men practiced polygamy and, to some extent, mistreated women, although the severity was not as pronounced as the mistreatment that escalated after the advent of Islam, as indicated in a Hadith narrated by 'Aisha (Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 5825).
However, the misogyny within Muhammad's Meccan tribe (Quraysh) reached an even higher level. According to Umar Ibn Khattab:
- If a woman responded loudly to her shouting husband, it was considered alarming behavior by the misogynistic men of Quraysh.
- Similarly, if a woman chose to remain silent for even a single day after a dispute, she was also deemed to have a negative character in the eyes of the misogynistic men of Quraysh.
Muhammad considered Ansar women not Worthy to be Married due to the Misogynist Influence of his tribe:
Muhammad contracted marriages with 11 women, several of whom belonged to his Quraysh tribe. Islamic apologists argue that these unions primarily served political purposes, aiming to fortify alliances with various tribes.
Despite the political necessity for strong ties with Ansar tribes in Medina, Muhammad curiously did not marry any Ansar women.
When queried about the absence of marriages with Ansar women, Muhammad attributed it to their perceived jealousy, asserting that they were women prone to intense jealousy.
عَنْ أَنَسٍ، قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَلاَ تَتَزَوَّجُ مِنْ نِسَاءِ الأَنْصَارِ قَالَ " إِنَّ فِيهِمْ لَغَيْرَةً شَدِيدَةً
It was narrated from Anas that they said: "O Messenger of Allah, why don't you marry a woman from the Ansar?" He said: "They are very jealous."
The situation with Ansar women was not that they opposed polygamy. Indeed, they accepted it as it aligned with the prevailing Arab misogynistic culture, and Ansar men commonly practised polygamy, as illustrated in the Hadith where an Ansari man offered to divorce one of his wives to marry her to his Muhajir brother (Sahih al-Bukhari 3781 (Book 63, Hadith 6) #3609).
However, Ansar women were more assertive in voicing their objections to the perceived injustices of their husbands, which made Muhammad uneasy and afraid of them. That is why Muhammad blamed them for being jealous and didn't marry them.
This issue of misogyny in Islam proves that:
- Islam gives rights to women neither based on equality nor based on justice/equity.
- And no divine Allah is residing in the heavens, and Muhammad was making the revelations on his own. However, being just a human, he was inevitably susceptible to the impact of human behaviour and prone to making human errors.